Re: Results of the Lenny release GR

On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 08:22 +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 05:48:33PM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> > On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 01:04 +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> > > What you describe sounds like option 3, or maybe option 4.  What is your
> > > opinion on the fact that option 2 defeats both of them?
> >
> > I'm not sure I agree with your sense of distinction here.  I think what
> > I'm saying is a fair rationalization of picking any of 2-5 over 1.
>
> How is option 1 related to this?

Oh, sorry, perhaps I could have stated that part of my reasoning more
explicitly.

To my reading, option 1 was the only option that explicitly would have
delayed Lenny release.  All of options 2-6 favored release of Lenny,
varying in how broad an exception should be granted and how that choice
might be rationalized.

Option 1 was the only choice voted below FD.  All other options were
considered acceptable outcomes by the voters.

That's why I think the main outcome of this ballot was an assertion of
desire by the voters that we release Lenny.

Bdale