Re: [Amendment] Reaffirm current requirements for GR sponsoring

Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> writes:
> Anyway, there is also this section in the constitution:
>
>   A.5. Expiry
>
>    If a proposed resolution has not been discussed, amended, voted on or
>    otherwise dealt with for 4 weeks the secretary may issue a statement
>    that the issue is being withdrawn. If none of the sponsors of any of
>    the proposals object within a week, the issue is withdrawn.
>

> I'm just not sure when that 4 weeks start.  The discussion period
> is now over, so I could do it 4 weeks from now.  I could also
> interprete it to start from the last discussion on the list which
> seems to be March 27.

I don't think the Expiry clause deals with the minimum discussion
period, but actual discussion (note the wording "discussed"). Thus,
the four week period starts with the last actual -vote post on the
subject matter, in this case currently March 27.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *