Question for DPL Candidates: Debian $$$

Hello Steve, Luk, and Zak!

Having just particpated in the latest SPI board meeting, I've learned
that The Debian Project currently has over 125k USD in reserve.  This
amount (even setting aside the recent 30k debconf9 sponsorship by HP)
seems to be at a point where we as a project should start articulating
and coming to some agreement on what an appropriate level of reserves
is, and how (on what) to spend the excess.

Given that both platforms stress the leadership and communication
functions of the DPL, and that the DPL is the one specifically empowered
by the constitution to decide (along with the membership) how that money
is spent [§5.1.10], I'd like to hear some thoughts from all of the
candidates on:

    1 - What is an appropriate reserve level for the project?

    2 - How should funds above that level be allocated?

Thanks for listening and I look forward to the responses!
--Joe

PS - I subscribe to -vote, no need to cc me.