Re: Results of the Lenny release GR

Robert Millan dijo [Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 08:22:58AM +0100]:
> (...)
> You're the Secretary.  You're supposed to give answers, not speculation.  If
> the ballot was ambigous, or confusing, it is YOUR responsibility.  The
> way results stand, they say we make an exception for firmware.  They don't
> say we empower the Release Team to make exceptions as they see fit.
> (...)
> So, I think you made a mistake, a very serious one, and when asked about it,
> your explanation is completely unsatisfactory.  How do we solve this?
> Currently, the only solution I see is that we ask the developers what they
> think, and hold another vote.  Do you have any other idea in mind?

Robert,

Please, stop being needlessly aggressive in the lists. Yes, a new vote
is in place, and settling the issue down for good. But right now,
there is no need to just insult Bdale's good dilligence, even with a
post he did not pursue but landed on his (very capable) hands. We can
argue on Debian's pseudo-legalese forever and then some more. But it
is more productive if we put that effort into working, getting out of
the present situation.

And learning not to be bashful just for the sake of it. Yes, Bdale's
skin is quite probably thick enough by now, as is most of
Debian's. Still, that's not a good reason to do ad-hominem attacks.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23