Question for all candidates: inter-dependancy of works the growing Debian project.

Hi,

Although I am not yet a DD, as it can happen anytime before or after the
elections, I would like to ask a question to the candidates.

Debian is growing bigger everyday. I would like to know if you think
that it should adapt to its new size, and if yes, how can you help this
process as a DPL.

In particular, I would like to know what you think about how the work of
each DDs and teams are tied, and if the ties should get stronger or
looser. Debian offers a lot of features, in particular security support,
stable releases, and portage on multiple architectures. For some of
them, alternatives exist: for instance in some conditions, the preferred
way to distribute a package will be through the debian volatile project
rather than through the stable releases.

Can we imagine a more componentised Debian distribution, in which it
would be the common responsability of the packagers and the service
managers to opt in or opt out the use of each services by Debian
packages (or preferably groups of them)? If yes, how would you define
the role of the DPL in implusing these changes?

Have a nice day, and many thanks for your candidacy.

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org