Re: Discussion: Possible GR: Enhance requirements for General Resolutions

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 04:18:02PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:

Hi,

> 1: I'd be happier, though, if those proposing and seconding options
> would be more careful about the effects that their options may have,
> and be more vigilant about withdrawing options when more palletable
> options exist. You should not be proposing or seconding an option that
> you don't plan on ranking first.

Well, let's say you should not propose or second an option you don't plan to
rank above "further discussion"... Maybe you'll rank it lower than another
option, but that's what the condorcet voting system allows us to (provide order
of preference among acceptable options). An option that is not "your favorite"
might still be "very good" for you as an outcome... :)

Thanks,

Guido