[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 04:45:02PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> It seems that the grass-roots support for doing something quite different to 
> the current vote includes me, Brian, and quite a few bloggers on Planet 
> Debian.

I don't like the current vote either and wouldn't mind if it was

My suggestion is to do a very simple vote first, with only two choices: 

a) continue with the release process and don't wait for further GRs

	Of course this means, effectively, that we do trust the release
	team and other developers involved in the release process

b) wait with the lenny release until we made decisions on the open

	This means that we don't want do be hasty, take our time to
	agree what the open issues are, how they could be resolved and
	what further GRs are necessary to finally decide on these

The third option, further discussion, could be included on the ballot
for completeness, but as it is roughly equivalent to "I don't want to
delay lenny but I don't want to release it in it's current state
either", it's only for people who really can't decide what they want :-)

IMHO we have to bite the bullet: Either we release lenny without
agreeing on the DFSG issues first, or we delay lenny.

As the vote suggested above is only sensible if lenny isn't delayed by
the vote itself, it would be good to start it ASAP and do it with a
shortened voting period.


Reply to: