Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

On Wed, Dec 17 2008, Luk Claes wrote:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>>> Sure, though you could have followed the procedure or hinted people in
>>> an even saner direction IMHO.
>>
>>         I followed the procedure that I think we have followed in the
>>  past. We do ont make people jump through "and replace all the words in
>>  the proposal by these words" hoops, and we put related proposals on the
>>  same ballot. Unfortunately, some of the proposals are not mutually
>>  exclusive, so combinations are possible;  and I did not want to
>>  increase the size of the ballot with combinations; I think had I done
>>  that, there would still have been accusations of the ballot being too
>>  complex.
>
> Right, this kind of makes your above point moot IMHO.

        Actually, no: as other people are not me; _I_ did not see enough
 use in the combination options to want to increase size; other people
 seem to have different views.  Whether I personally thought that adding
 the combo option is pointless does not constrin other people.

        manoj
--
Memory should be the starting point of the present.