Re: Resolving the controversy

On Sat, Nov 22 2008, Sandro Tosi wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 10:34, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>> Jacob Hallén <jacob@openend.se> writes:
>>
>>> The first paragraph of the SC is a lie!
>>
>> I wasn't lying when I agreed to that.
>
> And what changed in the Debian Project if you agree to it or not?

        While I find your tone far too confrontational, I'll do you the
 courtesy of answering politely.

        Ultimately, what the Debian project does, as a whole, is hte sum
 of what the individual members believe. And if we all do not have the
 same interpretation abd beliefs, the stance of the Debian project is,
 well, a composite, of sorts, of individual beliefs.

>>> Debian is not 100% free software, and it never has been.
>>
>> Indeed. Those instances where it's not free are bugs to be fixed.
>
> So, you actually wanna do something to fix those bugs or wanna simply
> talk about them?

        I think we should indeed fix them. And we should not really
 release a stable version with known DFSG violations in it.

> I see too many emails sent and too few RC bugs fixed. If you (like
> others) would really work for Debian instead of only filling lists.d.o
> archives, Debian would be a better distribution,

        Which, I suppose, goes for you too.

> but maybe it's not in your interest.

        While unnecessarily confrontational, and, in a sense, attacking
 the man, not the idea, (which is a logical fallacy in any argument) I
 guess this goes for you as well. Indeed, more so, since impolite emails
 are likely to cause even more time spent other than fixing bugs.

        Can we please stop these "in your face" emails, and return to
 civil discourse, or, failing that, not post at all?

        manoj
--
"An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of code." an anonymous programmer