Re: For our own good: splitting the vote. Thoughts?

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> I hate complex ballots. They tend to work against the goal of a
> vote, which is getting a crystal clear assessment on the opinions of
> the Developers.

The goal of a vote is the ranking of options; this doesn't necessarily
coincide with a clear assessment of the opinions of the population.

Furthermore, splitting non-disjoint options into separate votes has a
myriad of other problems that Manoj has identified.

> I also think throwing amendments is a too cheap operation nowadays.

The procedure for amendments isn't any less cheaper than the procedure
for submitting a GR itself. People seconding and/or submitting
proposals/amendments should only do so for amendments that they
support, and should withdraw their proposal or second for amendments
which they no longer support.

Don Armstrong

--
THERE IS NO GRAVITY THE WORLD SUCKS