Re: Call for seconds - DC concept (was: Possible amendment for Debian Contributors concept)

Although I take exception to some of the name calling that has been
done against Charles and Lucas, I am fine with switching to this
alternative proposal as its ultimate intend is identical: to safeguard
that no changes are made to something as fundamental to the project
as its membership procedures without proper discussion of alternatives
within the whole project and only implementing those changes after
getting concensus or a vote.

IMO Charles quite rightly saw a risk in the way Joerg presented his
original proposal and there was absolutely insufficient clarification
from anybody involved in its drafting to take away that unrest, thus
making a holding action necessary. Charles chose the proper procedure
for that holding action, though possibly the wording was indeed a bit
too cold.

I personally have no doubt that both Charles and Lucas do appreciate
the work done by Joerg and others. I know I do as having something
concrete to start from is an excellent way to start of a much needed
reform process.

I do hope that in future people will refrain from posting invasive
proposals to d-d-a, especially without a very clear marcation that
it's an RFC, a DRAFT, a basis for discussion. Joerg's mail looked
way too much as "this is what we've decided, you can comment on it
but we intend to start implementing it soonish".
The risk was that after an intensive discussion, we'd have found
ourselves in the situation where DAM would say "oh, that's very nice,
but in the mean time we've implemented the new procedure and as
NM is happy with it too, we'll just start using it". I'm *not*
saying that is what would have happened, but the mail to d-d-a very
much had that feel about it.

And after that introduction:

I hereby second the proposal quoted below and have no objection to
Charles Plessy's earlier proposal being dropped (or retracted).