Re: Call for seconds: post-Lenny enforceability of DFSG violations

Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:
> ACK about your concerns (and the ones pointed by others, which are roughly
> the same).  Do you have any suggestion on what would be a better approach?

How about dropping the GR and continuing with the current process,
where anybody can file a RC bug against a non-DFSG package, maintainer
(or during the release process, anybody) makes a new package release
moving the package to contrib/non-free, and the ftpmasters do the move
when they get around to it? Alternatively, you can always provide
patches to dak where the priority of the semi-automatically moved
packages is raised to the top of the NEW processing list and a note is
shown to the ftpmaster doing the processing (meaning an almost
automatic Apply override reflex) - remember to check that the source
tar.gz is identical to the existing one, to make it easier to trust
that there's nothing non-distributable trying to sneak in.

Actually, now that I think of it, the process you're suggesting is not
that trivial. The person doing the upload needs to do a dummy new
upstream release to work around the known dak bug, and you need the
new dak functionality outlined above.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *