Re: Draft ballot for Proceedural Vote: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:56:48PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org> [2008.10.27.2028 +0100]:
> > [   ] Choice 1: Decision on membership reform stands until GR decided
> > [   ] Choice 2: Decision on membership reform delayed until GR decided
>
> I don't understand the difference between those two.

At http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/10/msg00005.html,
Joerg Jaspert posted a mail. There's currently a GR to reverse the
decision in that mail[0].
As we've received >= 10 seconds to the GR, and the GR mentions the
'revocation-until-vote' clause of 4.2.2, the decision is suspended.
A vote needs to be called to determine if this suspension stands until
the GR results come in.

Voting for Choice 1 means that Joerg may continue doing whatever
decisions he may or may not have made until the result of the GR.
Voting for Choice 2 means that he can't pursue it until the GR results
are in (at a minimum).

Hope this explains,

Neil

[0] Whether it contains any decisions or not is left as an exercise to
the reader, I'm not going to make that judgement call.

[1] I am *slightly* annoyed that clause 4.2.2 is being invoked at this
time, it means a lot more work running votes and I'm not convinced
there's anything to gain, but *shrug*.

--
<h01ger> ETOOMUCHSPANISHTOOFAST