Re: Draft ballot for Proceedural Vote: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.

On 27/10/08 at 19:28 +0000, Neil McGovern wrote:
> =DRAFT=DRAFT=DRAFT=DRAFT=DRAFT=DRAFT=DRAFT=DRAFT=DRAFT=DRAFT=DRAFT=DRAFT=
>
>      Voting period starts      00:00:01 UTC on Sunday,    02nd Nov 2008
>      Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC on Saturday,  15th Nov 2008

Why should we wait until next sunday? The constitution says:
  If the decision is put on hold, an immediate vote is held to determine
  whether the decision will stand until the full vote on the decision is
  made or whether the implementation of the original decision will be
  delayed until then. There is no quorum for this immediate procedural
  vote.

5 days sounds like a pretty strange definition of "immediate" ;)

Also, our constitution says:
  If the Project Leader (or the Delegate) withdraws the original
  decision, the vote becomes moot, and is no longer conducted.

Wouldn't that be easier?