Re: [DRAFT] resolving DFSG violations

On Fri, Oct 24 2008, Steve Langasek wrote:

> OTOH, I do understand the desire to put such (diminishing) exceptions
> to a referendum instead of leaving them implicit, and am happy to vote
> for a GR that makes clear to our users the state of affairs in lenny.

        Well said. I think we should indeed have that GR.

> I also encourage the kernel team to pursue the patches that Ben
> Hutchings has so wonderfully provided for this latest round of bugs.
> They need to be weighed against the risk of regression, but they
> should still be considered for inclusion in lenny.  Kudos to those who
> are actually doing the legwork to fix the bugs.

        Is this being pursued? I have tested the kernel source Ben put
 out, but my hardware is sadly mainstream and does not require the
 modules in question, so my testing is of doubtful value.

        manoj
--
Others may not understand that we must practice self-control, but
quarrelling dies away in those who understand this fact. 6