Re: Call for seconds: Resolving DFSG violations

On Fri, Oct 24 2008, Robert Millan wrote:

> I hereby propose the following General Resolution to stablish a procedure
> for resolving DFSG violations:

        I think that I would like to see an option to just release Lenny
 with an exception on the ballot, without any changes to the foundation
 documents or any other action:
,----[ Option 7 ]

`----
,----[ Option 8 ]
|    1. We affirm that our Priorities are our users and the free software
|       community (Social Contract #4);
|
|    2. Given that we have known for two previous releases that we have
|       non-free bits in kernel sources, and a lot of progress has been
|       made, and we are almost to the point where we can provide a free
|       version of the Debian operating system, we will delay the
|       release of Lenny until such point that the work to free the
|       operating system is complete.
`----

        I would like to see this incorporated into the current proposal,
 or failing that, seek seconds for this proposal in its own right. If
 these options are incorporated into the GR proposal, I shall second
 that, or else I am hereby proposing these options as independent
 amendments to fit on the ballot.

        manoj
--
Immortality consists largely of boredom. Zefrem Cochrane,
"Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8