Re: Proposal - defer changes to Debian membership procedures to after the release of Lenny.

On 24/10/08 at 01:34 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> as others I am concerned that pushing for changes on the procedures for
> becoming a member of Debian, using a top-down approach and no time
> frame, will result in suboptimal rules that will dissatisfy many. I
> therefore propose the following resolution.
>
> - -----------------------------------------------
> The developers decide:
>
>  1) The decisions announced by Joerg Jaspert the 22nd of October 2008 on
>     the debian-devel-announce mailing list are suspended.

You should probably point to a specific mail (web archives and/or
message-id).

>  2) After the next stable release, a general resolution will be used to
>     decide on the procedures for becoming a member of the Debian project.

I'm not sure that it's the right way to solve this issue. What about
deciding that changing the procedures is out of the scope of the DAM
delegation?

Also, there's the hipothetical problem that Joerg could just re-send his
mail to avoid your proposed GR.