Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ???lenny-ignore????

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 14:20 -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 23:28 +0300, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> > Would it be a good compromise between SCs #1, #3 and #4 if we made an
> > exhaustive list of non-free bits in main, and make it our goal that the
> > list gets smaller between each release and not to add anything to
> > that list?
>
> I would be entirely happy with that.  But I have just been told by
> William Pitcock that apparently we are required somehow to support new
> hardware with non-free software too.  So it's not a decreasing list,
> it's an accordion list with no real commitment to the DFSG at all.

Do not put words into my mouth. I simply stated that user experience is
an important factor, and that if free drivers (*FREE*) which depend on
non-free firmware are available, and the firmware is inline, then it
should not block Lenny's release.

William