Re: [DRAFT] resolving DFSG violations

Robert Millan a écrit :
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 05:50:40PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>> An example of such a package is glibc (bug#382175). I don't think that
>> removing SUNRPC support (and with it NIS, NFS and more) is a suitable
>> choice (unless we want to lose all users who haven't switched yet to
>> Ubuntu).
>
> I have my doubts that the problem with glibc is so difficult as you present
> it.  It's probably just a matter of contacting the right person at Sun, or
> perhaps integrating another library from one of the *BSD.
>
> In any case, if it really *is* as difficult as you present it, I trust that
> you'll have no problem convincing the developers that an exception should be
> granted for this particular package, at least for Lenny.

I don't said it is difficult, though that surely not easy to contact the
*right person* at Sun. In most case you just get ignored.

Anyway I don't really care about this bug, and nothing oblige me to fix
it. I will accept patches though. Also note that given that the bug is
not yet fixed and was opened a long time ago (almost 6 years), I guess
that most people in Debian also don't care.

BTW, as you seems really concerned by this kind of bug and think it is
easy, I offer you to do the job of getting this code relicensed. If in
60 days (the same delay as you proposed) it is not done, I will consider
that this bug can be ignored for Lenny.