Re: Proposed vote on issue of the day: trademarks and free software

Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 12:56:28PM +0100, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> > I also note that FSF's page at http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
> > says Mozilla's Firefox build includes non-free software.
>
> It's actually outdated. Mozilla's Firefox build don't include non-free
> software anymore, except its logo.

You're quite right.  As of 3.0.1-g1, the motivation has changed to
"some non-free files are distributed in the Firefox source tree, and
Firefox can recommend non-free plugins" but the website doesn't
reflect it yet.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnuzilla/2008-07/msg00083.html

So I guess we're only fellow-travelling with FSF now.  However, my
support and second stands on the strength of the other reasons.

Thanks,
--
MJR/slef