Re: Proposal - Project infrastructure team procedures

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:10:38 +0200, Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net> said:

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 08:42:59PM +0100, Clint Adams wrote:
>> Why are we electing people like that?!

> Because by default we elect nice people, who avoid stepping on
> people's toes. Which is generally a good thing, but sometimes not.

        So, to compensate for electing bad leaders (people who are too
 nice to lead are bad leaders, generally), we put all kinds of nasty in
 a GR for them to beat the developers with? And have plausible
 deniability "look, I am am really nice, but those nasty developers made
 a GR to make me do this"?

        I am not sure I like the sound of that.

        People who can't see that all powers in Debian flow from the
 constitution, are too nice or tremulous o delegate people to core
 teams, who can only delegate when they feel blessed by the holy pee of
 this GR, are going to be a disaster anyway, and perhaps we should not
 make such people even marginally effective by having this GR.

        If they can't lead, perhaps they _should_ be wrapped in cotton
 wool and prevented from taking any action at all.

        manoj
--
People need good lies.  There are too many bad ones. Bokonon, "Cat's
Cradle" by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.