Re: Ballot for leader2008

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:44:09 +0200, Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net> said:

>> Huh. Looking at the ballot: ,---- | ...  | Do not erase anything
>> between the lines below and do not change the | choice names.

> Yes, you see, that's the point - the text just starts talking about
> not erasing something. Which lines below? - is not an illogical
> question.  It's just automatically answered for anyone who actually
> spends the next 35 seconds reading the rest of the text...

        Yes.

> I propose that you make the beginning look like this:

>  HOW TO VOTE

>  First, read the full text of [...variable data...]

>  The ballot is a small text form that is included below.  It is cast
>  by sending a filled out and signed form to a dedicated e-mail
>  address, also included below.

        That is not accurate. The ballot is the whole text after the
        line
 XXXX CALL FOR VOTE FOR YYYYYYYYYYY

        There is a portion of the ballot that you may not mangle; it is
 the only part of the ballot that devotee cares about -- but you may,
 and people do, send in the whole ballot. Other edit the ballot to only
 contain the parts devotee cares about.

        But if you email ballot@vote.debian.org while a vote is immanent
 or in progress, you get sent the whole enchilada -- instructin text,
 vote GPG key, and all.

        [suggestions elided]

        Can you present a sample ballot for, say, DPL election 2009? It
 might help to see a full ballot and compare the points of difference.

        manoj
--
You can't get there from here.