Re: Fwd: Ballot for leader2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 02:15:55AM +0100, Anand Kumria wrote:
> Especially when the instructions for requesting a ballot are
> frustrating incomplete and this was processed after the the cut-off.
>
> Who knew that attempting to engage an automated system from 21:54 GMT
> onwards in order to receive a ballot and then vote could be so
> arduous.

I guess it's too late now, but the voting system is actually pretty trivial
- each call for votes, such as the last one at:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/04/msg00001.html

...contains the ballot - it's the text marked with "Don't Delete Anything
Between These Lines".

But I see how it would help if the CFV was more verbose about that, and less
verbose about other things. It goes on and on about the technicalities of
the vote, and says to read the platforms twice (because the readers are
idiots who need to have things repeated to them ;), but it fails to simply
say "the ballot is the chunk of formatted text located five paragraphs
down, nothing else".

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.