Re: Q: Raphaël Hertzog: dpkg / collab-maint

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:14:22 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
> > Furthermore the average skillset of the DD includes packaging while it
> > doesn't necessarily include programming and maintaining a complex piece of
> > software like dpkg.
>
> Doesn't the average skillset of a DD include knowing not to touch a
> complex piece of software like dpkg if he's not skilled enough?

It does and it works quite well (I have not yet seen a single complaint
concerning collab-maint or projects which have granted write access to all
DD through ACL). But I see no valid reason to change the current situation
for dpkg (and even more in light of the recent events).

I doubt that the lack of commit access prevented anyone to start
contributing for instance.

Raphaël Hertzog