Re: All DPL Candidates: www.debian.org licensing?

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> On 12/03/08 at 09:57 +0000, MJ Ray wrote: [...]
> > Secondly, delegation should make X's task clear to both this project
> > and SPI in a robust way and seemed the most obvious to me.  How does
> > the constitution give the DPL a power to tell SPI that X is going to
> > be the interface, except by delegating some aspect of the DPL's power
> > under 5.1.10?
>
> 5.1.10 answers the money problem. I don't think it answers the
> "authority" problem.

5.1.10 currently says:-
    In consultation with the developers, make decisions affecting
    property held in trust for purposes related to Debian. (See §9.).
    [...]

Money is not the only property.  In fact, I doubt it's
the most important one for this project.

Slightly troubled by that misreading.

Regards,