Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2008: Marc Brockschmidt

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <he@ftwca.de> wrote: [...]
> I have contacted a few people about helping out with the tasks above
> (and some I plan to contact) but I can't hand out a definite list of
> people who are willing to help me at this time. [...]

Campaigning on debian-vote *and* canvassing for help?  Is this really
what aj meant by "summarise their plans for their term"?

If the project is minded to allow such discussion during nominations,
we should shorten the discussion-only period, instead of claiming
there's some convention that campaigning is limited to the campaign
period.  Any convention died years ago and candidates who campaign
before and after the specified time seem no longer punished for it.

That would also reward early nominations and may help avoid candidates
like Marc Brockschmidt putting the time into standing from fear of
being left with only one unacceptable late nomination.

Propose it and I'll second.  Could we start the two votes at once to
avoid voter fatigue?

Regards,