Re: Supermajority requirement off-by-one error, and TC chairmanship

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 02:39:01PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Pierre Habouzit writes ("Re: Supermajority requirement off-by-one error, and TC chairmanship"):
> >   And FWIW, I don't think TC failed to rule because of the majority
> > rules, but just because the issue was technically not easy to solve at
> > that time.
> The TC would have decided if the supermajority rules had worked.

For those playing along at home, the vote in question had four votes
that got counted, Ian's, Manoj's, Andi's and mine; Steve's vote was sent
abut 3h30 after the 7 24 hours periods had elapsed and was therefore
not counted. Had it been, there would have been two votes for FD, and
a 3:1 ratio would have only been reached (not passed) if 6 people had
voted in favour, which would be difficult considering there are only 6
people on the committee in the first place.

Cheers,
aj