Re: First CFV for Constitutional amendment: reduce the length of DPL election process

Hi,

* Debian Project Secretary <secretary@debian.org> (Sat, 22 Sep 2007 18:50:42 -0500):
> Subject: First CFV for Constitutional amendment: reduce the length of DPL election process
> To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org, debian-vote@lists.debian.org

>   5.2. Appointment

>     8. The Project Leader serves for one year from their election.
>
> There has been one amendment proposed, which is identical to the
> original proposal, except that it does not change section 5.2.2, and
> thus creates a three week buffer between the end of the election and
> the start of the new project leaders term.
> <URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/08/msg00087.html>
> ==== AMENDMENT PROPOSAL ====
> Point 2 remains as before; that is, it will still read:
>     2. The election begins nine weeks before the leadership post
>        becomes vacant, or (if it is too late already) immediately.
> ==== AMENDMENT PROPOSAL ====

Would this really work, formally, with 5.2.8 unchanged?

It seems to me that a strict reading would give a three week period with
two DPLs, and the time of DPL vote would slide three weeks backward
every year...

Perhaps the amendment should change 5.2.8, too, to something like:
| The Project Leader serves for one year from when the leadership post
| becomes vacant.

But I guess it's, formally, already much too late, now. :-S

Regards, Fabian

--
Fabian "zzz" Pietsch - http://zzz.arara.de/