Re: Amendment to: reduce the length of DPL election process

Hello,

MJ Ray wrote:

> ==== AMENDMENT PROPOSAL ====
>
> The change to paragraph four is replaced by:
>     4. For [-three weeks-] {+one week+} after that no more candidates
>        may be nominated; candidates should use this time for
>        campaigning [-(to make their identities-] and [-positions
>        known).-] {+discussion.+} If there are no candidates at the end
>        of the nomination period then the nomination period is extended
>        for [-three further weeks,-] {+an additional week,+} repeatedly
>        if necessary.
> ==== AMENDMENT PROPOSAL ====

> I ask for comments and/or seconds, or aj to accept this amendment.

Seconded.

> This is orthogonal to the amendment "Point 2 remains as before".

Which will probably mean that we will need options for this amendment in
combination with other amendments for voting. Does that need to be
spelled out, will that just magically happen or is that the most stupid
idea you have ever heard?

   Simon