Re: GR idea related to ongoing licensing discussions

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 10:40:57AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > - it seems to be pandering to literalists in a similar way to the
> > Editorial Changes GR and that hasn't really ended those arguments;
>
> I disagree strongly with the latter part of that statement.  Various
> people are still *upset* about the Editorial Changes GR, but at least from
> where I'm sitting, it did a lot to resolve the *argument*.  In other
> words, there are far fewer people now arguing that the project really does
> intend to allow non-free documentation in main.  There are more people
> upset about the fact that the project doesn't want to do this, but that's
> inevitable and more honest than the previous state.

Umm... the way I read this paragraph was - we didn't actually make any real
progress, but the back-and-forth movement was made in a direction that you
find honest (and therefore preferable[1]), so it's okay? :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.

[1] as 'increased honesty' is a matter of opinion, not necessarily fact