Re: GR idea related to ongoing licensing discussions

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote: [...]
>     The DFSG are hereby amended to add the following additional guideline:
>     10. No Required Contribution of Changes [...]
>     11. No Required Identity Disclosure [...]

I think this is a bad idea because:
- it is introducing redundancy into the guidelines - these are already
covered by DFSGs 1 and 5;
- it makes the guidelines longer, so will make checking packages
against the guidelines more tedious;
- it seems to be pandering to literalists in a similar way to the
Editorial Changes GR and that hasn't really ended those arguments;
- I think that the second addition disallows things like pseudonyms,
which I think we have accepted in the past.

However, I would probably support these additions over FD.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef