Re: Proposal: GR to deal with effects of a personal dispute

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 07:10:14PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 11:41:28AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 09:47:11AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> > > No, you are just a DD whose access to lists has been suspended.
> >
> > A sub-DD all the same, what about all those others who participated in
> > those flamewars ?
>
> Sven, with all due respect, please do not try to be party and judge at
> the same time. Not only does that not work, it also makes you look
> rather bad.

Wouter, i am just pointing out that there are more than one to
participate in a flamewar, and pinpointing me is more of the same
injustice which is at the heart of this mess.

Notice that if the situation where inversed, and i was on the winning
side, i would have said exactly the same. That said, if the situation
where inversed this issue would be solved since ages or would never have
arrised.

I have been thinking about this issue since a long time, and despite
what is claimed, i have a very good understanding about what is going
wrong, what i feel, as well as what the others in this feel. Upto a
point at least, since i understand how they feel but not why.

> I understand you want to be a Debian Developer again, with all rights
> and privileges which that implies, but can we please take this process
> one step at a time? First, find a way out of the current situation that
> gives you voting and upload rights again without pissing off others.

Exact. That is the problem. The fact that people would get pissed by the
situation being solved fairly is in itself an indication that there is a
problem beside myself.

> I understand you don't want the situation to remain like that forever,
> but nobody's said it has to.
>
> Sometimes, in life, you have to make compromises; and if you don't want
> to compromise, then there are two options: either you get kicked out
> entirely, or the fight between you and "the rest of the world" continues
> until the end of times.

Well, i have proposed many compromises, including the first one since
the begining of this mess. I have yet to see a compromise proposal
toward me though, so let's see.

I am not forcing the issue, just pointing out my point of view, but if
nobody is interested ...

Friendly,

Sven Luther