Re: ajt's anti-rebuttal

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 06:35:59PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au) [070314 19:25]:
> > Since then we've also had Debian Times established
> I don't see at all how this is realated to you being DPL - in fact, I
> would have prefered a more active role of the DPL to revive the usage of
> the debian-news list.

Joey's been maintaining -news for quite some time now, he's the person
who should be deciding what's posted on the list, and what's not. While I
can certainly agree that it'd be useful to have more stuff appear there,
I don't think there's been a good enough demonstration that someone else
will do at least as good a job to warrant overruling Joey's decision on
that (at the very least there hadn't been when this was being discussed
in May or July last year).

As far as Debian Times goes, it's been described [0] as being
for "all the nice small items that are too unimportant for
debian-news@lists.debian.org", so the existing separation presumably
still makes sense.

Cheers,
aj