Re: Summary for the upload package rules GR

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 12:22:55AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Sunday 04 March 2007 22:43, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Questions raised in the discussion period that are relevant to the GR.
>
> This summary is all very nice, but IMHO does not reflect what this GR is
> about.

> What this GR is about that the DDs who originally started this creative
> solution, together with a group who have long been discontent with the
> FTP-masters are now trying to prevent the FTP-masters from doing their job:
> guarding the quality of the archive.

> As I personally feel that this GR is a misplaced attempt from the
> disgruntled DDs to get their way, I have voted for "further discussion".

I drafted and submitted this GR alone (with little internet access at
the time). I won't prejudge of the motivation of each seconders, but as
far as I am concerned the motivations I gave in the summary were
accurate. I take offense that you are implying this is not the case, and
that I am somehow part of some "disgruntled DDs" cabal with an agenda.
This is just your conspiracy theory.

To the voters:

I posted this summaries because some undecided developers asked me for a
summary in order to vote. I should probably have abstained to do that
especially since I drafted the GR this way to avoid tangential
discussions.

Apologies,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>