Re: Question to all candiates: DebConf

Hello,

Holger Levsen wrote:

> DebConf, the annual Debian Developers Conference, is currently not officially
> affiliated with Debian (or SPI) and its not listed on
> http://www.debian.org/intro/organization

> Do you think DebConf should have an official endorsement with Debian and how
> do you think it should be implemented?

I'm pretty indifferent, as I don't think it matters. The conference
sponsors already recognize DebConf as the "Debian" conference, and I
doubt we could get more sponsors just by having an official Debian stamp
on it. The accounting and legal setup is best kept separate, as fully
conforming to the standards of one country is difficult enough, and
tunneling the money through a tax-exempt non-profit organization would
probably add more hassle than it is worth.

The reason I'd see to go forward with it is that we could discuss all
possible points and counterpoints at a time where it isn't urgent,
rather than waiting until someone asks for an official statement and
then rushing it.

   Simon