Re: Questions to the candidates

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> > I think that dunc-tank was a very good idea on the part of AJ, a DPL
> > looking for new ways in which to help the release process.
>
> I'm confused.  In your other mail you wrote
>
> ,----
> | My belief is that the DPL hat is something you can take off. Of
> | course, the DPL must be very explict in this, but if I take the
> | dunc-tank issue, which sparked my question, I think aj handled it not
> | that badly. Maybe he could have been more clear but he most certainly
> | had the moral right to be involved in dunc-tank.
> `----
>
> So do you think he was doing it as DPL looking for new ways, or as a DD?

Please drop this, you know the history as well as everybody. Anthony
started the discussion with his DPL hat because he wanted to do that
within Debian.

After discussions, he decided to continue that experience outside of
Debian as DD. One can discuss how much he succeeded at that, but the
distinction between the initial idea launch as DPL and the setup as DD
should be pretty clear to any DD who followed the story.

Raphaël Hertzog