Re: Question for candidates: the d-i conflict

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 02:10:32PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'd like to ask Anthony and Steve what they think of how they handled
>the conflict between Frans Pop and Sven Luther, and other candidates how
>they would have handled this conflict.

I believe I handled the dispute fairly. I spoke to both Sven and Frans
a huge amount over the months while we tried to mediate. AJ and I came
up with what we thought was a fair compromise to allow work to
continue, but it was not found acceptable. At that point we were
accused of back-stabbing and conspiracy, so I withdrew from the
proceedings as I saw no reasonable way forward.

>To everyone: how would you avoid such situations to become this
>problematic in the future?

It's difficult to say, as each situation is unique. In the hope that
we have reasonable people involved, then mediation may succeed in
other cases.

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,
Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I...