Re: Question to the candidates: inclusion of the kFreeBSD-* ports

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007, Anthony Towns wrote:
> The other side is just making the Debian mirror network available for
> kfreebsd users. With only a couple of dozen apparent users, I'm not
> really convinced that's particularly valuable though. YMMV.

Why did we do SCC for then ?

I'm certainly uneasy with your answers. To me, having a Debian GNU/FreeBSD
looks like a very valuable goal and we should support it, each at our own
level. One shouldn't need more "justification" than this. Then we can
discuss constraints and related problems if there are some.

It seems pretty clear that they have done much progress already, and we
should be glad that they want to go to the next step.

Most of your other answers relate to possible problems that do not
concern the ftpmasters in the first place. I'd like to know what problems
the inclusion of kfreebsd-i386 would create for ftpmasters.

Raphaël Hertzog