Re: Question for the candidates: not being DPL.

Hi,

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007, Peter Nuttall wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Once again, if you have covered this in your platform, just say so.
> There are two questions, but one is the inverse of the other...
>
> There are 9 people standing, with a wide range of ideas in their
> platforms. If you fail to be elected, will you still work on things
> from your platform? Which bits and why?

Yes, I already did so with many projects from my 2002 platform, and this
year again, I've only put stuff which I care about, so they'll stay on my
personal TODO list.

I would however benefit from the DPL position to try to solve the
communication problem from various teams, simply because they do not give
the required informations to any random developer.

I also need the DPL power to create the DPL board and thus try to improve
the mailing list communication by making more usage of "discussion by
proxy".

And last, I said that I would "empower people to do stuff by providing
them resources". For this, it can be useful to be able to disburse Debian
money, which can only be done on request of the DPL.

Raphaël Hertzog