Re: DPL candidate question

Hello,

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Curt Larson wrote:
> As kind of a follow-up to the basic 'what would you do as DPL that you
> could not do as DD?' I would like to know more about how you would
> handle marketing Debian.

that we started after the last Debconf.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/06/msg00005.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/

People started submitting stuff to improve our marketing, now we needs
some more volunteers who start playing a more active role and actually
organize this group.

> to 8G servers. Would you as DPL make it a primary goal to attract as
> many DD's as you could to work specifically on eliminating the gotchas
> of installing Debian on Dell Desktops, Laptops and Servers working
> towards putting Debian at the top of Dells (and maybe others to
> follow) list of approved and pre-installed OS's?

The problem is reversed, once Dell understands that people are asking for
Linux, they will start checking how they can properly support it and then
we need to make sure they understand that Debian is one of the most
important distribution out there (given that the Ubuntu distribution that
is so popular on www.dellideastorm.com is a Debian derivative) and that
they should work with us to ensure their hardware is properly supported.

Raphaël Hertzog