Re: Questions to the candidates

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 12:13:12AM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> Why do you think you will be a good DPL?

Two things: first, when discussing matters with other people, I
generally try to see their point of view before coming up with a
proposal that will work for the both of us, thereby trying to come to a
solution. Feedback which I receive from people tells me that I generally
succeed in that effort; and I feel that a DPL who has a problem-solving
attitude in disputes (which I think I have) would be an asset to the
project.

Second, because people have encouraged me to run; some have done so in
private, others have done so in public, on one person's blog[1] and on
IRC. If people express the sentiment that they would like to see me
become DPL, then that must mean they feel I have helpful qualities for a
DPL.

[1] http://www.df7cb.de/blog/2007/10/25#2006-10-25-dpl-wishlist

> What you can for Debian as DPL that you can not do as a mere DD?

try to change Debian's culture for the better.

> What do you think of the current NM process?

It is unfortunately slightly longish, but necessary.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22