Re: [GR] DD should be allowed to perform binary-only uploads

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 06:58:06PM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:
>
> > On 2007-02-08, Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr> wrote:
> >>
> >> --PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9
> >>
> >> Dear Debian voters,
> >>
> >> I hereby propose the following General Resolution for sponsoring.

> >> The Debian project resolves that Debian developers allowed to perform
> >> combined source and binary packages uploads should be allowed to perform
> >> binary-only packages uploads for the same set of architectures.

> > Why do you want to lose the ability to do src+bin uploads for arm+alpha?
> >
> > Or shouldn't there be a "all release candidate archs" somewhere in
> > there?
>
> Huh?  I read it as the exact opposite.
>
> [...] In short: src+bin uploads are currently allowed.
                                      ^^^^^^^^^

  All stands in that _currently_.  Bill's GR proposal says:

  if a dd $X has src+bin upload rights on $arch, then he should have
bin-only upload rights on $arch.

  You can make that statement true by refuting the premise: This is true
if $X can do binary-only uploads, but ALSO if he cannot do src+bin
uploads on $arch.

  Meaning that in order to "apply" such a GR, if the ftp-master forbids
src+bin-uploads for alpha and arm[0] for people that do not have
binary-only upload rights, they would comply with the GR.

  Oh and yes, given some custom dak rules that forbids debian-policy
uploads, I believe some ftp-master at least have shown they can chose to
actually implement restrictions the twisted way.

Cheers,

  [0] since it's what this GR targets if I'm not mistaken
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit