Sensible combinations, was: Amendment to: reduce the length of DPL election process

"John H. Robinson, IV" <jaqque@debian.org> wrote:
> All we would need is someone to combine the two, get enough seconds, and
> the combination of both ideas will appear on the ballot. So you would
> get four options, nicely matching the boolean table of the two
> ``independent'' options.

Yes, that's my understanding.  The "all the sensible combinations"
shortcut was deleted from Voting procedure on June 21st, 2003.

The vote was http://www.debian.org/vote/2003/vote_0002
and I found some explanation in comments about A.3 the thread under
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2003/02/msg00017.html

I think this is a bug which encourages:
- voter fatigue, because the (N+1)th amendment introduces up to N
combinations, each of which needs the same number of good seconds;
- filibustering, to stop combinations getting enough support before
the call for vote;
- premature combination of unrelated options, to get them through
before either of the above kick in.

In turn, this all means that we are less
likely to find the best resolution, along the lines explained in
http://accuratedemocracy.com/l_intro.htm
Question: do you think votes since June 2003 have been unifying?

Any road up, it's here: will anyone propose a combined amendment?
I'm not sure whether I can or whether that would affect either of the
others.

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.