Re: Constitutional amendment: reduce the length of DPL election process

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 01:58:47PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> While we're at it, I've long felt that a one-year DPL term is just too
> short (because a DPL needs to spend a few months to get worked in, and
> can't do all that much when the next election is about to turn up for
> fear of being accused to be campaigning, often leaving only slightly
> over half a year or so of time for real work to be done). If more people
> feel like it, I'll draft up an amendment that turns it into a two-year
> term, or so.

Since this mail, I've asked Martin Michlmayr, Wichert Akkerman, Bdale
Garbee and Branden Robinson about their opinion regarding this post; and
we've also seen replies from Sam Hocevar and Anthony Towns. Some have
replied on-list, others only through IRC.

The most supportive response was Bdale's, who said he had "mixed
feelings" about it; everyone else thought it was a bad idea.

In that light, I do not think it would be very smart to force this
issue, so I'm not going to make it a formal amendment.

Regards,

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22