Re: The Debian Maintainers GR

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 11:13:21PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Also, on another front, adding AJ, Joey, and Ryan Murray to a team isn't
> exactly helping with getting new people involved who might have more free
> time.  How many other hats do those three people already wear?

Oh, for me: ftpmaster, tech-ctte and debbugs. Non-"hat" stuff includes
ifupdown and debootstrap.

debbugs is mostly worked on by other members of that team these days,
debootstrap likewise now has a team behind it, and is relatively stable
anyway, and the tech-ctte likewise doesn't take up much time. I've
been involved in a lot of stuff, but I've mostly been fairly good about
passing it on to other people to continue in the long term.

Joey's hats are as a release assistant and a member of the testing
security team, neither of which he's closely involved in at present,
ttbomk. For non-"hat" stuff, he maintains or works on a whole bunch of
packages, of course.

For contrast, Joerg's Debian-related hats are currently DAM, ftpassistant,
debconf orga lead, debconf admin lead, SPI admin lead, SPI board member,
local admin for various debian.org hosts; James' are DAM, keyring-maint,
DSA, buildd admin, ftpmaster, mirror maint. Joerg maintains cdrkit and a
whole bunch of other stuff; James maintains binutils, gnupg, mawk, gawk
and a few other things. Marc's FD and release assistant, involved in QA,
and maintains a whole bunch of stuff including being ont he GNOME team;
Christoph's FD, involved in QA, and maintains a bit of stuff.

Cheers,
aj