Re: The Debian Maintainers GR

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 03:24:11PM +0100, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > - step 2: waiting for an AM.
> > Step 2: is not long nowadays, maybe 1 month. Well, if people can't
> > wait a month, then they should not help Debian-we-release-every-10-years
> > in the first place ;)
> I disagree. I was advocated on 7 Mar 2007. I then waited 79 days during which
> time the queue in front of me for being assigned an AM went from 12 to 15 to
> 11. At this point I convinced tbm to take me, even though he was trying to
> reduce his AM load (and for which I'm grateful). If I hadn't I would not be
> suprised if I were still waiting for an AM. The current queue waiting for an AM
> contains Marco Amadori (advocated 1st March), Anthony Wong (11th march), Nigel
> Croxton (21st March) and Magnus Holmgren (27th March). All of these people
> have been waiting for over 4 months. I see no reason that the rest of the queue
> would not also wait at least this long.

  That's odd, because the AM leader board shows there is at least a
small dozen of slots free... But as a matter of a fact, this part could
become a real bottleneck again (yes I see again, when I passed NM,
having an AM needed 6+ monthes). This 4 month delay sucks, but it's a
new phenomenon afaict. By new I mean, it's a relapse.

  Maybe FD can confirm, but it also seems that there is less AMs that
there was before. I mean less slots available. As I did reduced mine, I
can tell it's half because I don't have time, and half because being an
AM suck (especially for the reasons I already cited).

·O·  Pierre Habouzit