Re: Limited upload rights for NMs GR Proposal

Hi,
* Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> [2007-07-09 20:39]:
> Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> writes:
> > The idea is to grant NMs limited upload rights after they're certified
> > "almost DDs", in a stage where they usually just have to wait (quiet
> > long) for their AM-report, FD and DAM.
>
> This feels to me like solving the wrong problem.  If the person really is
> ready to become a DD, it would be better to find ways of addressing the
> time lag before that process is complete.  If there are meaningful final
> checks, this to an extent bypasses them, which is a little strange.  And
> I'm also worried that it will leave a bunch of people stalled in this
> limbo for even longer since their upload rights are "good enough" and we
> lose motivation to finish fully integrating them into the project.

If that would be the case it would be really a shame for the
Debian project since the process doesnt really influences
DAM work does it? Think about the opposite, maybe an
applicant gets processed faster because people saw that he
knows what he is doing with his own uploads.
Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://ngolde.de - nion@jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0x73647CFF