Re: Proposal: GR to deal with effects of a personal dispute

Sven Luther <luther@debian.org> wrote: [...]
> The main point you are missing, that if you remove the suspension, and
> debian claims something about the fault of the previous events to be
> shared (which nobody disputes they are), then the list behaviour become
> no more a problem than for other DDs waging random flamewars. [...]

So if the GR contained: "2. Responsibility for the previous events is
shared." then that is an end to it, in your opinion?

> > 4. Evading the suspension will be regarded as a second offence of
> > header-forgery on lists.debian.org and should result in immediate
> > expulsion, as in the Debian Machine Usage Policies.
>
> Hey, this is not needed, i am a man of word, as i have shown with the 2
> month ban, and this portrays me as an evil doer, which i reject.
>
> You don't need this clause.

I hope we don't need that clause and I expect we don't need that
clause, but I want to leave it there just in case, as a warning.  It
is not meant to portray anyone as an evil-doer - it is meant to record
unambiguously that we're already (at least) one step along that path.

> > 5. Discussion of Sven Luther is banned from all lists where he is
> > suspended, because there is no right of reply.
>
> Why not simply join all list related issues in a common : discussion
> about this dispute is banned from all lists, and let it be at that ?

Because future -vote threads should be allowed to revisit this if
people want.

[...]
> They should not complain if they get forked if there is a refusal, nor
> feel pissed if some other media is chosen, but i guess that is common
> sense :)

Indeed.

> MJ, l like this proposal, i think you are too heavy weight on the
> unneeded technicalities. A much simpler and straightforward solution
> would be [...]

Sorry, I feel that proposal is too simple - it does not protect the
lists from others doing similar, or explain what will happen if you
fail or succeed.  (And actually, it doesn't do a few other things that
you previously requested.) I regret that my proposal makes you a
named special case, but the suspension already did that.

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef