Re: Proposal: GR to deal with effects of a personal dispute

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 11:50 +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> - ---- START OF PROPOSAL ----
>
> We resolve that:-
>
> 1. Sven Luther is suspended from all debian lists for a year,

Such things should not be handled by a GR.

GR's are, in my opinion, meant to handle more general decisions, like
describing to what extent the listmasters are authorized to [silently]
take actions for keeping good order on the mailing lists, for what
actions the listmasters need the DPL's approval, and similar guidelines.

> 7. We apologise publicly to everyone for not resolving this dispute

I don't want to apologize in public to everyone for not having done any
publicly visible attempt to resolve this dispute.

So I will not support this GR proposal.  Maybe I might support a GR that
introduces practical guidelines for the listmasters and the DPL about
taking immediate actions to keep order on the mailing lists.

Regards,

Bart Martens