Re: GR PROPOSAL : The Debian Infrastructure is owned by the whole Debian project, and not a few select individuals.

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 10:04:19PM +0200, Bart Martens wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 17:30 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > By this resolution, the Debian Project resolves that :
> >
> > ===== START OF THE GR text =====
> >   - No part of the Debian Infrastructure, is the sole province of a few select
> >     Debian Developpers, but is under the responsability and ownership of the
> >     project as a whole, and thus of each individual Debian Developper.
> >
> >   - The Debian Instrastructure, includes, but is not limited to, the different
> >     Debian owned machines, the autobuilders, the archive, the mailing lists,
> >     the different source repositories, hosted at alioth or somewhere else, the
> >     core debian related projects at alioth or elsewhere, the mailing lists,
> >     the irc channels, the different teams, ...
> >
> >   - As thus, no Debian Developper can be negated access of a ressource of the
> >     Debian Infrastructure. It is acceptable, for security reasons, that not
> >     every Debian Developper has access to some of these ressources, but if he
> >     request such an access, he should obtain it in a timely fashion (no less
> >     than two weeks).
> > =====  END OF THE GR text  =====
>
> I don't support this GR proposal because I want it to remain possible to
> deny DD's access to some parts of Debian.

Why ? And who will chose what parts of Debian, and who get access or not ?

If there really are critical parts, then they should be especially
named, and a procedure set in place to determine who gets access to it
or not, in order to avoid the situation we have since a few year, where
a handful of DDs have the infrastructure as hostage, and make everything
they want with it, not even speaking about my own case where it was used
as a weapon in a private vendetta.

Even past DPLs where not able to break this power-grab, which is why i
candidated as DPL, and why people decided to resort to mafioso politics
to stop me.

Debian needs more transparency and honour,

Saddened,

Sven Luther